We are delighted to announce further funding to contribute towards the training of pre-registration trainee pharmacy technicians (PTPTs) and are looking to work with employers to support their development of PTPT apprenticeships nationally across England.
How much funding is available?
- £46,099 per PTPT over the 2-year training period as part of either a single sector community pharmacy or cross-sector integrated programme.
- Funding is intended to contribute to the cost of developing and running a two-year programme and may be used to contribute towards the cost of salary, educational supervision or setting up educational infrastructure.
- The apprentice can be someone new to your team or an existing team member to upskill.
What do I need to do to be eligible for funding?
- Be able to provide educational supervision from a General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) registered pharmacy professional.
- Complete a short on-line application with an overview of your proposed training programme.
- Cross-sector applications must have formed a partnership that includes a minimum of two healthcare settings, at least one of which must be responsible for delivery of day-to-day patient facing pharmacy services. Ideally, we would like to see partnerships that include general practice and primary care networks to continue workforce growth in this sector.
What support is provided by HEE?
- Support from a dedicated HEE pharmacy programme facilitator to support you develop your training programme and provide guidance throughout the 2-year training period.
- Employer network meetings to share experience, practice and resources.
- A range of resources such as examples and templates of job adverts and learning plans.