Our placements will provide you with invaluable experience of working within a national NHS organisation that is very closely linked to the Department of Health and Social Care. You will gain an insight into how knowledge gained within your studies can work in practice.
Placements are likely to be available in a variety of HEE’s functions including:
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
- Project Management
- IT and Information Development
- Corporate affairs
- Global Health Management
- Chief Executives Office
- Diversity, Inclusion and Participation
- Within our business teams in regional offices located across England
“As Chief Executive of HEE, my number one priority is to make HEE the Best Place to Work, and the voice, commitment, and involvement of HEE colleagues is central to making this possible. So far, we have listened and distilled colleagues’ suggestions, aspirations, frustrations and recommendations into key programmes that will work towards meeting our collective ambition to make HEE the Best Place to Work.
This is a really exciting time to join HEE and we are passionate about recruiting, developing and nurturing the best new talent to grow our HEE community. The HEE Graduate and Student Placement Scheme is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills working within one of our teams as a valued colleague while making a meaningful contribution to our work as a key part of the NHS. If you have the right values and capabilities, we would love to hear from you and invite you to join us on our journey” – Navina Evans, HEE Chief Executive
Watch the video below to hear some of our current graduates and students share their thoughts about the scheme and advice for applicants.
To find out more, please take a look at case studies from some of our current graduates and students.
- One-year placement starting from July 2021
- Annual salary of £18,117 per annum
- 37.5 hour working week (Monday - Friday)
- Employee Benefits package including 27 days annual leave allowance, eye care vouchers, health service discounts and more. Additional information can be found on the staff benefits page
- A full induction programme, with involvement from the HEE Executive team and Board
- An opportunity to work in a busy but rewarding environment
- Regular conversations with a dedicated manager to track progress and explore potential future development opportunities
- A friendly and helpful team who will support you throughout your placement, as well as support offered by your own mentor and through a graduate network
- A written placement development plan relevant to your role
- Graduate/placement student training sessions throughout the year.
We ran a webinar on 25 February 2021 at 5:30-6:30 to showcase the scheme. The agenda is as follows:
- Introduction to the scheme
- The scheme from a manager’s perspective
- The scheme from a graduate/student’s perspective
- Question and Answer session