Primary Care Leadership Collaborative
New Leadership Collaborative for Primary Care in the east of England.
HEE in the east of England, the Eastern Academic Health Science Network, NHS East and the NHS Leadership Academy have linked to provide a new leadership development programme supporting primary care. The programme is supported by the Royal College of General Practitioners but is uniquely open to Dental and General Medical services to provide a truly inter-professional approach. We invite GPs, Dentists, practice managers, nurses and other clinicians working in primary care to come together and take part. You may be part of a team working together in your locality already – or with plans to do so. In any event, this programme will develop you individually and as a group, while putting you in contact with a network of like-minded individuals across the east of England.”
What is it?
The Primary Care Leadership Collaborative (PCLC) is designed to support local teams in developing leadership capabilities in each of the new Sustainability and Transformation Planning (STP) areas (see map).
We are seeking three collaborative members, likely to be a practice manager, practice nurse and GP/GDP but potentially including other senior colleagues in practices and other local organisations, from each of the six STP areas. We anticipate each collaborative will already be working together to improve health and health outcomes for communities, perhaps through the delivery of new models of integrated care.
Our goal is to enable improvement and innovation across STPs through the collaborative, sharing a common purpose and vision of primary care and future outcomes for communities.
Overview and intended outcome?
• A blended learning approach with small group discussion, guest speakers, project work and reading resources.
• Four impact days: Wednesday 16 November 2016, Tuesday 14 February 2017, Wednesday 29 March 2017 and April/May 2017 - exact date TBC.
• Access to coaching and/or mentoring.
• Access to the Healthcare Leadership Model 360 Feedback.
• Feedback and evaluation.
To support, develop and improve leadership capacity across Primary Care, building resilience and sustainability in the workforce. The PCLC also aims to enhance system wide working to support transformation in Primary Care.
Steps to application?
• Application form can be found below
• Only one application form per collaborative.
• It is expected that collaboratives will attend all of these impact days.
• Applications close at 10am onWednesday 12 October 2016
• Successful collaboratives will be notified byMonday 17 October 2016.
Please note that each collaborative will be required to contribute £100 towards the overall programme cost. The overall programme cost is funded by Health Education England.