The Genomics Education Programme (GEP) is the NHS’s method of ensuring its staff have the knowledge, skills and experience to ensure that the health service remains a world leader in genomic and precision medicine – particularly for NHS England Genomic Medicine Centres (GMCs) and the contribution to the 100,000 Genomes Project.
What we’re doing:
· providing online resources and self-directed education for NHS staff
· developing curricula and assuring delivery of formal academic-based training programmes for all of the multi-professional workforce
· co-ordinating workforce planning for the specialist staff required to deliver genomic technologies
· commissioning NHS-funded places for staff on training programmes
· supporting multi-professional clinical research fellowships and doctoral posts in genomics and bioinformatics and genomics.
You can read more about our Genomics work on our national page.