Library and knowledge services
The Library and Knowledge Services team leads a network of collaborative healthcare libraries.
Reasons to join your NHS library and knowledge service
You ask the question…
- Do you have a search that needs performing?
- Do you have a question that needs answering?
- Do you need to find a specific publication?
…they provide the answer.
Your local library and knowledge services team are there to track down the evidence you need from high-calibre research and best practice.
Visit the Health Library & Information Services Directory to look up your local library by area, code, trust or county.
Information skills training
- Join your local library and knowledge service to benefit from a wide range of high quality information skills training programmes, in the library or at your workplace.
- Learn how to search for and evaluate reliable health information sources.
- Use your library membership to log in to your personal account and manage your loans
- Access a vast collection of healthcare books and journals
- As part of an extensive inter-library lending network, your local library and knowledge service is the access point to thousands of electronic and print healthcare resources.
Access to electronic resources
Register for an NHS Open Athens account to access NHS e-resources, including:
- Clinical databases such as Medline
- Full text e-journals
- Electronic books