Working across the North West, we have three Local Workforce and Education Groups that report into our Local Education and Training Board, which in turn reports into the HEE Board.
Our Local Education and Training Board (LETB) reports into the HEE Board, and is responsible for planning and commissioning education and training on a local level. This includes funding doctor and nurse training, among many other projects and deliverables. We also have our local Local Workforce and Education Groups, which report to our LETB. These Committees deliver local projects and advise the LETB on local education and training requirements.
Our Local Education and Training Board is often referred to as our LETB. The Board is responsible for planning and commissioning education and training on a local level, in line with the national overarching plans and strategy. In the North West, our Board meets four times a year and comprises of:
- Andy Maddox, NHS Lancashire North Clinical Commissioning Group
- Anne-Marie Stretch, HR/OD Director, St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Heather Tierney-Moore, Chief Executive, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Henry Ticehurst, Medical Director, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Jackie Bird, Nursing Director, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Jonathan Wood, Finance Director, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Kathryn Thomson, Chief Executive, Liverpool Womens NHS Foundation Trust
- Lesley Jones, Public Health Director, Bury Council
- Michael McCourt, Chief Executive, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Vince Ramprogus, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Rob Gillies, Medical Director, Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- Robin Talbot, University of Cumbria
- Sally Cheshire, Chair, Health Education North West
- Sheena Cumiskey, Chief Executive, Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Stephen Cox, St Helens Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sue Reed, Nursing Director, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Wendy Fairhurst, Health First ALW CIC
You can find out about our meeting dates, papers and minutes on the national page.