General Practice Workforce Model: Insight Tool
The Insight tool enables general practice providers to develop a deeper understanding of their workload and clinical case-mix, and to explore the benefits of adopting new types of workforce and skill mixes. As a general practice staffing model, the Insight tool supports providers ranging from individual GP practices to neighbourhoods and localities to consider different ways of modelling their workforce to providing services for the communities they serve.
It provides a number of immediate benefits:
- At a practice level, it provides individual practices with the right tools to make realistic assessments of the impact and opportunities that introducing new ways of working and new staffing groups may present.
- At the neighbourhood and locality levels, it enables groups of practices to consider the broader impact of introducing new ways of working on the neighbourhood, providing another perspective to inform decisions on the shape/scale of Primary Care required and the staffing model to underpin this.
- Health Education England is able to engage with Primary Care providers in a much more targeted way to explore the opportunities for employing different skill groups in Primary Care and the net benefits.
- It enables leaders within health economies to build up a bottom up view of the specific roles and skills would be needed to inform their long term workforce development strategies.
- It provides granular data to inform workforce planning & transformation at the neighbourhood, locality, city-region and national levels in line with HEE’s mandate and ambitions.
For further information, please contact Senior Programme Manager for Primary Care firstname.lastname@example.org