North West Adult Learners' Week awards 2013
Health Education North West (formerly NHS North West) are hoping to make this year’s NHS North West Adult Learners Awards campaign the best ever. We want to use this campaign to highlight the people who are rarely in the spotlight; the ordinary people who are incredibly dedicated and committed who do extraordinary thing because they care! And we want to shine a light on the innovation, collaboration and partnership working across the sector because it matters more than ever.
Gaye Jackson, Head of Continuing Personal Development and Education Partnerships at NHS North West announced seven awards for 2013 which will reflect the diversity of learning and responsibilities across the Health and Social Care Sector.
The awards are:
- North West Apprentice of the Year in Health and Social Care
- Career Progression in Health and Social Care
- Skills for Life in Health and Social Care
- First Steps into Employment in Health and Social Care
- Supporting Learners in Practice in Health and Social Care
- Volunteer of the Year in Health and Social Care
And a new award to recognise projects which have learning at their core
- Learning Together in Health and Social Care
These awards will celebrate staff and volunteers who, understand and demonstrate compassion and dignity and respect in their work; who provide better care and better treatment because they care about what they do.