End state and building sustainability
At end state it is envisioned that CEPNs will be able to discharge the following functions:
- Workforce Planning: Developing robust local workforce planning data to inform decisions over how education and training funding should best be invested.
- Education Quality: Supporting improvements in the quality of education programmes delivered in primary and community care, for example, through peer review.
- Developing local educational capacity and capability: (for example, an ability to accommodate greater numbers of nursing placements or the development of multi-professional educators in community settings).
- Responding to Local Workforce Needs: Collaborating to meet local workforce requirements (such as specific skills shortages), including the development of new bespoke programmes to meet specific local needs.
- Workforce Development: Developing, commissioning and delivering continuing professional development for all staff groups.
- Education Programme Coordination: Local coordination of education programmes to ensure improved economy of scale, reduced administration costs and improved educational governance.