Help with setting up an apprenticeship
Here are some useful toolkits outlining step-by-step guidance to support care organisations to become apprentice ready together with some helpful tips.
Toolkits to help set up an apprenticeship
- Future Apprenticeship toolkit. This toolkit shares effective practice and models to support you implement apprentices onto apprenticeship programmes in your organisation
- Calderdale Framework: The Calderdale framework is a workforce planning tool which outlines the key stages for effective workforce redesign and implementation.
- Think Future: The Think Future toolkits outline how to go about recruiting younger people into your organisation.
- Find a reputable right training provider registered with SFA.
- Make sure the apprenticeship programme on offer is on the apprenticeship framework /standard
- Discuss your training requirements with your chosen training provider
- Make sure content of the programmes is appropriate for your organisation’s workforce requirements
- Negotiate costs, method of on-programme delivery, learner support and length of programme
- Put a learning agreement/contract in place outlining agreed costs, method of payment, timeframes, delivery, support, process and expectation if programme not delivered in accordance to the agreement/non-completion of apprenticeship
Apprenticeship setup checklist
- Getting buy-in – Engage with both staff and management and develop a business case setting out how your organisation can benefit from apprenticeships
- Agree what your organisation requires from apprenticeship, develop the appropriate policies, staffing structures, and the terms and conditions for apprentices
- Identify the cost and explore how the levy can support this
- Find the right types and levels of apprenticeship and find a training provider
- Develop a marketing plan to attract and recruit the right apprentices
- Develop appropriate support for apprentices within the workplace