Wider workforce network
The network is accountable for training and development of the wider workforce in the south west.
This network amalgamates the two skills alliance groups who have been accountable for the delivery of the training, education and development of the wider workforce across the south west.
Aim of the network:
- To act as an advocate for the wider support workforce including clinical and non-clinical staff
- To develop a vocational commissioning process that will consider new types of education and training provision to support emerging new roles, particularly within the Career Level 4
- To ensure that staff employed in the wider workforce are supported to deliver a high quality skilled service to patients. To support the implantation of the five C’s as outlined by the Chief Nursing Officer
- Support a modern and more flexible trained health care support workforce
- To be able to define the education and training needs of the wider workforce
- Provide information to Skills for Health the Sector Skills Council for Healthcare information around curriculum design priorities to ensure qualifications which are fit for purpose.
- Assist in the development of the skills strategy, investment and development plans for the wider workforce.
- Support the implementation of the Five Domains of the Educational Outcome Framework.
- Support the implementation of NHS values as outlined in the NHS Constitution into education and training programmes.
- Support the development and implementation of Leadership across this part of the workforce.
For more information about the network and to register your interest in joining the network please contact email@example.com