Long Term Conditions and Older People
HEE Thames Valley has invested in education to improve care for older people and long term conditions. Programmes include the two-year Integrated Care projects, training for primary care staff in Care and Support Planning for long term conditions, and bursaries for courses in the care of older people.
HETV Bursaries for accredited courses in the Care of the Older Person
Deadline for applications: Friday 12 August 2016
Interviews: Tuesday 23 August 2016
HETV is offering financial support to help NHS practitioners (non-medical) in Thames Valley to undertake accredited courses in the care of the older person, with an emphasis on:
• person-centred care
• preventing illness
• maintaining independence and dignity
• supporting mental health
• care close to home.
Funding for courses in Thames Valley
Funding may be sought for any accredited course which helps practitioners to support the older person through person-centred care, up to and including a Masters programme.
Each applicant can apply for a bursary for course fees up to Masters level. No other expenses can be funded.
Who can apply
The Bursary scheme is open to Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals in Thames Valley (Berks, Bucks, Milton Keynes and Oxon) who:
• are currently registered to practice with the appropriate regulatory and professional bodies in the UK
• work in practice for at least two days per week for an organisation which provides healthcare for the NHS within Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes or Berkshire
• have at least one year’s post-registration practice experience
• have employer support to undertake the programme
• are committed to improving the care of the older person.
How to apply
See attached information for details. The application should be emailed to: Rhonda Riachi at: email@example.com or posted to HETV Thames Valley House, 4630 Kingsgate, Oxford Business Park South, Oxford OX4 2SU
The deadline for applications is Friday 12 August 2016, and interviews will be held on Tuesday 23 August 2016 at Thames Valley House. Please hold the date.
For further information
Contact Rhonda Riachi, Project Manager, Older People and Care Close to Home, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 785520