General Practice Nursing
Health Education England's local team works across Wessex in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Dorset, South Wiltshire and Jersey. We are keen to support the development of general Practice Nursing (GPN) following the report of General Practice Nurse Foundation pilot programme 2010 and more latterly the Education and Career Framework for General Practice Nursing, released in October 2015.
What education and training is available in our region?
- Healthcare Assistant Training
- A GPN Foundation Programme - to ensure that nurses have the cores skills for the Band 5 role.
- A continuing professional development (CPD) programme for all practice nurses.
- Specialist Modules - for experienced practice nurses to manage long term conditions.
- Nurses Practitioner Education - for experienced practice nurses already at graduate level to be able to diagnose, manage and treat complex medical conditions.
- Mentorships development.
- An induction toolkit for general practice that contains information for both nurses and employers.
- Events and conferences including an annual conference for both GPNs and healthcare assistants, leadership events, seminars and hot topic days.
What funding and support is available?
- Full funding or contribution towards funding of relevant courses (practices must cover travel costs).
- One-to-one support and advice for practice nurses.
For more information please contact:
Programme Director for General Practice Nursing, Health Education England, working across Wessex, Southern House, Sparrow Grove, Otterbourne, Hants, SO21 2RU. Mobile: 07824 843990, email: firstname.lastname@example.org