Wessex Mental Health Workforce
Mental Health is one of our service priorities, as part of our work delivering the NHS Five Year Forward View of improved efficiency in local services, and therefore better health and patient care.
The Close the Gap event on 15 March aimed to set the direction of travel for the Wessex Adult Mental Health Workforce Strategy to deliver the future service models.
Over 80 people came to the event. A diverse range of backgrounds were represented including:
- NHS Service providers,
- Public and service user representatives,
- Local authority and the Emergency Services
- Service Commissioners
- The future vision for mental health services in Wessex
- Case studies on new roles and innovative ways of working
- The power of co-production
Feedback from the event attendees:
- Very positive event with open and honest discussion.
- Great, varied and thought provoking.
The programme was focused around group discussions to capture stakeholder views on priorities for workforce transformation. If you would like more information about the event, please contact Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org