E-resources, OpenAthens and the link resolver
For information about e-resources, OpenAthens and the link resolver South West, Thames Valley and Wessex.
Regionally funded resources - please see the lists in the Related documents section below.
- A list of the 'core content' portfolio of available from 1 April 2015 onwards is available on the LKSL website. Note that Lancet - funded by NICE - was available until Dec 2015 but the subscription is now terminated and no backfile is available.
- Trip Pro - note this is IP authenticated (not via OpenAthens) - see emails to LIB-SOUTH on how to get IP addresses set up for this
- 'Finch' collections - the majority are no longer available. However the Annual Reviews are available and a backfile has been purchased in perpetuity. Also Science Translational Medicine is still available. These are available via IP access.
- BNF and BNFC via NICE (both also available on the Medicines Complete platform with OpenAthens authentication)
- The Cochrane Library
- Clinical Knowledge Summaries – via NICE
Terminated national e-resources
- Map of Medicine - there is no longer a national sub. Some CCGs are subscribing and are localising the pathways.
E-resources, OpenAthens and the link resolver - regional and national support
See support documents available in the Related documents section below including 'Local e-resource access - what to check'.
See also the guides on the NICE website. These include guides for local administrators and also a list of FAQs for problem solving e-resource access problems.
See also OpenAthens training videos - note that some of the content is less relevant to SW local administrators because these functions are carried out by the SW team at TOR.
The slides and recording of the training for local link resolver administrators held by OCLC on 1 March 2017 are available on the library services website in the Members' area - login needed.
'Clinics' for link resolver administrators and refresher training for OpenAthens administrators run by the leads in the South are advertised on the LIB-SOUTH-ERESOURCES discussion list.
See the list 'E-resources - who to contact' in the Related documents section below.
Please also make use of the LIB-SOUTH-ERESOURCES mailing list for queries about local administration of OpenAthens and the link resolver - joining instructions are on the Discussion lists webpage. This list is also used to advertise training for local administrators.
We encourage mutual support, and to this end also encourage sharing the work of both OpenAthens and the link resolver in local teams. The regional leads can create additional logins for the link resolver in addition to that for the named local administrator - please ask if required.
The regional OpenAthens administrators for Thames Valley and Wessex are Helen Williams Helen.F.Williams@hhft.nhs.uk and Paul Bradley Paul.Bradley@hhft.nhs.uk
The regional OpenAthens administrators for the South West are the Torbay library team firstname.lastname@example.org
The regional link resolver administrator for Thames Valley and Wessex is Helen Williams Helen.F.Williams@hhft.nhs.uk
The regional link resolver administrator for the South West is Jenny Toller email@example.com