Health Education Wessex (HEE Wes) is proud to offer a wide range of opportunities in quality improvement, from individual funded fellowships for postgraduate medical trainees and other health care professionals, to team based and even international programmes.
Much of this work is supported by the Wessex School of Quality Improvement (QI) which is designed to bring together, make visible and co-ordinate the current range of initiatives within all portfolios of HEE Wessex, as well as create new opportunities which build on these successful initiatives.
The Vision of the School is to be the ‘Go to Place’ for Quality Improvement – to inspire, support, and nurture individuals, teams and organisations to enhance behavioural change and increase sustainability; ensuring individuals have the confidence, knowledge, skills and support so to do.
The School supports existing staff, students and trainees who work within organisations within the Health Education Wessex area, to learn quality improvement skills. This education will equip them with the skills needed to implement sustainable improvements for the care of patients.
The School links HEE Wessex with the Academic Health Science Network Centre for Implementation Science, the Wessex Clinical Senate, Strategic Clinical Networks, local Higher Education Institutions who deliver programmes sponsored by HEE Wessex, as well as the Thames Valley and Wessex Leadership Academy. It also facilitates the adoption and spread of initiatives and programmes which have been developed by single Health Care Providers within Wessex.
Current programmes include:
- Individual multidisciplinary Quality Improvement Fellowships
- Individual GP (Post CCT ) Quality Improvement Fellowships
- Team Based Fellowships
- Patient Safety First programme which is mandatory for all core and ST1 Wessex trainees
- Consultant Practitioner developments programmes for Nurses, Midwives, and Allied Health Professionals across both Wessex and Thames Valley.
The ethos of the School is to work in partnership with existing organisations and networks within the Wessex area, making the activity visible rather than developing a concrete structure; it works using a distributed collaborative virtual model.
The School is:
- A place to take, share and explore ideas
- A network of people with experience/expertise in delivering QI (locally, nationally and internationally)
- A community of mentors, coaches, good practice
The School will:
- Support education providers to include QI skills within existing programme provision
- Be a link/resource/broker – work with Providers to support the adoption and dissemination of successful initiatives
- Bring together existing resources for Fellowships funded by HEW
If you have any enquiries or wish to be added to our mailing list please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wessex School of Quality Improvement (QI) website also provides further information.
27 July 2016
Applications have now closed.
We are pleased to confirm that recruitment to our Team Based Quality Improvement Fellowships is now live.