Library and knowledge services
Healthcare library and knowledge services provide knowledge and evidence to enable excellent healthcare and health improvement using the expertise of their staff to ensure that NHS bodies, staff, learners, patients and the public have the right knowledge and evidence, when and where they need it.
Knowledge for Healthcare
Knowledge for Healthcare is Health Education England’s strategic development framework for NHS library and knowledge services in England. It sets out HEE’s commitment to helping ensure that all staff and learners, patients and the public can access and use the best knowledge and evidence available for learning, research, innovation and clinical and organisational decision-making in healthcare, wherever and whenever they need it.
Education Development lead the strategic development of library and knowledge services across the West Midlands by:
- Providing strategic advice and leadership
- Leading quality assurance for LKS
- Leading local library and knowledge networks
- Supporting local consumer health information
Reasons to join your local NHS library and knowledge service
- Do you have a literature search that needs performing?
- Do you have a question that needs answering?
- Do you need to find a specific publication?
This Page was last updated on: 6 January 2016