You may also be interested in completing our medicines optimisation training modulesMore information
Medicines Optimisation E-learning Modules
We have produced a series of modules covering: medicines management essentials, prescribing and supply, administration of medicines and safe handling of medicines. Suitable for all staff handling medicines, and those staff new to medicines management.
These modules are intended as a general and brief overview of patient safety, management of risks, and look at legislation, the importance of standard operational procedures, responsibilities and medicines optimisation principles when handling medicines in care settings.
Each module focuses on a different topic, looking at how we keep patients safe and introduces the basic concepts of delivering an effective and safe medicines service to all staff new to medicines management.
Supporting this e-learning programme are case studies and reflective exercises which are suitable for all staff to attempt and particularly focus on the safety of medicines, what can go wrong and the impact on the patient.
A variety of factsheets and activities are available to print and save for extra learning. These also provide links to suggested areas of further reading and information.
Click on the links below to access the e-learning modules which cover five main areas:
- A knowledge review at the end of each module will complete your learning with a certificate of completion for your employer and learning portfolio.
- These modules should also be used for any member of staff requiring extra support in their learning.
- We are happy to receive feedback on these modules. Please download this form for any feedback you may have.
- If you experience any technical problems whilst using these modules please contact the eLearning Support Team at email@example.com
- Please see the links at the bottom of this page for more e-learning training
Catalogue of eLearning Courses
For more information on these and other eLearning courses available through Health Education England Yorkshire and the Humber please visit the eLearning catalogue web page
Aseptic Processing Programme from TSET
Technical Specialist Education and Training (TSET) hosts the Aseptic Processing E-Learning Programme, a flexible and free training resource, which provides a basic understanding and some hands-on activities around Aseptic Principles, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Preparation of CIVAS, Parenteral Nutrition and Cytotoxics – a must for any grade of staff linked to these services.