Talent Management Hub
The NHS Leadership Academy have been working together with local delivery partners to develop a suite of talent management resources, enabling everyone's talents to be maximised.
The Leadership Academy have worked closely with a range of NHS organisations and staff to develop and refine their approach.
Among the most frequently asked questions, the most common have been "where do we go to get started with talent management?” and “how do we access the right tools and supporting materials?”
The NHS Talent Management Hub has been created to provide this much needed resource, and to be the online home of the NHS Leadership Academy's talent management materials.
26 October 2016
10:30 to 15:00, The Met Hotel
Our October workshop moved a step forward from talent awareness and definition – discussed in our July workshop – to looking at Talent Strategy.
Paul Turner, Professor of Management Practice from Leeds Beckett University and respected author on Talent, guided us through the day.
He delivered a workshop on how best to construct a strategy for talent, and how to secure the executive-level buy-in that meets organisational objectives.
Participants learned how to use Paul’s Talent Strategy Framework, a step-by-step process for working through a personal talent strategy.
Event on 26 July 2016
The Talent Leaders Session on 26 July was set up to discuss the challenges faced by colleagues across the region, and to look at the tools available to them to help with managing talent in their organisations.
Adam Turner, Talent Lead for the West Midlands Leadership Academy, joined us on the day to facilitate the session, and give his insight into what works and what could be improved.
The objectives of the day were to:
- Define the context of talent
- Share challenges and success
- Look at available Talent Tools
- Begin to form a supportive Network of Talent Professionals in our region
Blogs on talent management
Read some of our blogs and publications on talent management.
- Humaira Ashraf, "Talent Management Guide for Busy People" (July 2016)
- Rebecca Bevington, "What I learned from ‘Networking for Success’ – a personal view" (March 2016)
- Dave Crowther, "Looking at Talent Management" (January 2016)
- Dave Crowther, "Perspective on Talent Management Tools" (January 2016)
- John Hunter, "A personal perspective on the Jenner Advanced programme" (December 2015)
This Page was last updated on: 9 March 2017