You are here
Master’s in Genomic Medicine framework: a multidisciplinary first for HEE
HEE’s Master’s in Genomic Medicine framework is designed to provide healthcare professionals with a multidisciplinary perspective on genomics and its applications in healthcare.
- Established by HEE’s Genomics Education Programme in 2015
- HEE’s first multi-professional Master’s-level programme
- HEE GEP-designed curriculum delivered by seven Russell Group universities
- Flexible learning: Take a single module or build up to a PGcert, PGdip or Master’s
- Administrative and clerical: 3% (75)
- Allied health professional: 1% (14)
- Health informatics: 1% (10)
- Healthcare science: 30% (744)
- Medical and dental: 39% (963)
- Nursing and midwifery: 12% (305)
- Pharmacy: 4% (92)
- Research: 8% (184)
- Not provided: 2% (62)
Evaluation highlights (From a 2021/22 survey of 212 learners and 55 managers)
- 91% of nurses and midwives
- 82% of healthcare scientists
- 75% of doctors, and
- 78% of other professional groups
... said the programme’s inter-professional approach was beneficial to their learning.
- 86% of learners said the programme enhanced their practice.
- 86% of learners and
- 85% of managers would recommend the programme to colleagues.
“It exceeded my expectations in networking with other clinical colleagues and how useful that's been in my job.” --Clinical scientist
“It’s benefited me phenomenally in my background knowledge of genomics, which I now teach to other people.” --Nurse
- 2,449 funded NHS Staff
- 1,159 Qualifications awarded
- 1,145 Standalone CPPD modules studied
- 11,389 total modules created
To find out how genomics is being used in the NHS, visit our website, or sign up to our newsletter!