Training Recovery Programme
HEE established the Post Graduate Medical Education (PGME) Training Recovery Programme to work with our system partners to recover postgraduate medical training opportunities lost during the pandemic
About £50m investment into postgraduate medical education training recovery interventions negotiated over two years.
HEE and partners' interventions ensured extension rates are currently significantly lower than original projections
- Continue to address the impact of the pandemic on training supporting service recovery
- Lock in the innovations developed during the pandemic.
Training Recovery Toolkit
A dynamic toolkit for medical educators to:
- Illustrate the impact of interventions on training recovery
- Enable adoption of successful ideas and interventions.
- Repository of training recovery interventions
- Community and Networks for educators
- Training Recovery Funding information
- Key regional and specialty contact
Training Recovery case studies
- Drawn from our surveys and roundtables of educators
- Help focus on areas of interest by specialty, region, intervention type, value, impact, trainee stage or type of capability.
- Training, courses & workshops
- Simulation and Immersive Technologies
- Trainee salary support and educator backfill
- Wellbeing support
- 1:1 educator sessions
- Post-CCT support