Student employment offer - #GraduateGuarantee
From Monday 5 February, third year Student Nurses who have undertaken their clinical placements and learning opportunities within the organisations of north central and east London are able to take up the CapitalNurse guaranteed offer of an employment interview. If successful, first destination staff nurse posts are available to students whose degree is from:
- City University
- University of Hertfordshire
- Middlesex University
- London South Bank University
Third year students can apply to the following trusts:
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust
- Barts Health Trust
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health Trust
Details of the scheme
The suitable first destination posts go live on Monday 5 February 2018 and will be advertised for 10 working days with interviews being held from 5 March 2018 in all of our trusts. Outcomes of the interviews and conditional offers will be offered within one working day. Factual references and pre-employment checks will be completed promptly so conditional offers can be made. All of our employers have agreed to adopt this approach, with every post for newly qualified nurses being advertised at the same time, with a supportive and straightforward process for you to apply and go through our onboarding.
New positions will start between September and October 2018. Opportunities to work with us as a health care assistant before your registration is finalised.
We want to support you at this critical time, as we understand that applying for nursing posts can be daunting and time-consuming.
There are no tests and our interviews are value based - so we can mutually explore if we are right for one another.
Benefits on the scheme
All newly registered nurses on this scheme will receive personalised support in year one to support with transition into being a registered nurse employed in our outstanding trusts. Your personal offer includes having a named preceptor from day one, high quality preceptorship using the CapitalNurse/HEE Preceptorship programme, support with your career development, including an individual learning needs analysis, with the CapitalNurse Career Framework. Each trust also has its own range of benefits for its staff.
Who is part of the scheme?
In north central and east London trusts have come together as directors of nursing, university deans and human resources to agree a common recruitment timeline and pathway so you can move seamlessly from university to employment.
For further information speak to your university lecturers or contact the trust you are interested in working for where you will be advised about taking that next important step towards your nursing career.
Keep in touch
Follow the story @Capital_Nurse #GraduateGuarantee