Kent, Surrey and Sussex bridging scheme
Funding is now available for the HEE and National Institute for Health Research ICAP bridging scheme across Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Funding has been awarded to the University of Kent's Centre for Health Services Studies to enable up to nine successful pre- and post- doctoral awardees to receive a bespoke learning and research development programme. We will award funding to support backfill cost, academic supervision, and reasonable expenses.
Available to a Non-Medical Applied Health Professionals, the ICAP Bridging schemes are a way of providing support to clinical academics to build on their previous academic training and develop proposals for a pre or post-doctoral award, and take the next step on their clinical academic pathway.
The scheme's aims are to:
- enable awardees to develop skills in higher-level reflection in relation to research based upon their discipline.
- provide academic supervision and facilitate clinical mentorship to awardees to undertake research that builds upon a culture of critical evaluation and enquiry in relation to their health services setting.
- develop opportunity for self-directed research and reflection.
- immerse pre-doctoral awardees into a research environment and enable them to develop an independent piece of research in preparation for a PhD application
- consolidate post-doctoral awardees academic training and development whilst supporting them in balancing their clinical service, and assisting them with developing an application for the Clinical Lectureship or Senior Clinical Lectureship
Closing date for applications
Apply online and upload all supporting documentation to University of Kent by 5pm, Tuesday 4th September 2018.
To discuss the programme please email Dr Ferhana Hashem at F.Hashem@kent.ac.uk.