Kent, Surrey and Sussex research internships
Funding is now available for the HEE and National Institute for Health Research Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (ICAP) 2018-19 across Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Funding has been awarded to the University of Kent's Centre for Health Services Studies to enable up to eleven successful interns to receive a bespoke learning and development programme. We will award funding to support backfill cost, tuition fees and reasonable expenses. Available to a Non-Medical Applied Health Professionals, the ICAP is intended to prepare applicants to apply for a NIHR Pre-doctoral Clinical Academic Fellowship, and in the long-term apply for Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship, Clinical Lectureship or Senior Clinical Lectureship.
The internship scheme will:
- develop research and research capabilities throughout all levels of the NHS in order to enhance and diffuse evidence based practice
- provide the opportunity to develop a network of clinical academics so that learning, best practice and innovation can be shared and disseminated
- support the development of clinical skills as well as research skills
- encourage research into areas related to HEE's Mandate or to education and training as a whole
- offer an insight into a career in clinical academia and provide experience which would support applications for further formal research training.
To discuss the programme and to request the University of Kent Application Form 2018-19 please email Dr Ferhana Hashem at F.Hashem@kent.ac.uk.
Closing date for applications: apply online and upload all supporting documentation to University of Kent by 5pm, Tuesday 28th August 2018.