A Clinical Academic Careers Stakeholder Group (CACSG) has been established to set the strategic direction for delivery of the Mandate objective to ‘support clinical academic careers for health professionals and also seek to increase numbers of staff across all clinical and public health professions with a proper understanding of research and its role in improving health outcomes, including an ability to participate in and utilise the result of research’.
The scope of the work of the CACSG includes oversight of delivery of the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic (ICA) Programme and reviewing the progress of the NIHR Integrated Academic Training (IAT) programme.
The membership of the Stakeholder Group is:
- HEE: Nicki Latham (COO and Chair of the group), Lisa Bayliss-Pratt (Director of Nursing), Ged Byrne (Director of Education & Quality (North))
- Department of Health: Simone Bayes/ Richard Carter
- NIHR: Dave Jones, Lisa Cotterill
- Council of Deans: Patrick Callaghan
- Chief Professional Officers: Sue Hill, Suzanne Rastrick, Sara Hurley, Keith Ridge
- Director of the Council for Allied Health Professions Research/AUKUH link: Ann Moore
The CACSG also helped develop HEE's Research and Innovation Strategy and the Clinical Academic Careers Framework.