Information for Employers
A Health Ambassador is a qualified and experienced health worker who is willing to inspire and encourage young people to think about a career and educational opportunities in healthcare.
They have enthusiasm, commitment, confidence, the ability to identify with young people, a passion for their work and a wish to inspire others to achieve their full potential.
The aims of the programme include:
• Developing young people's interest in health-related areas
• Promoting the health sector as a potential career choice for young people
• Supporting the raising of standards and young people's attainment
• Encouraging young people to aspire to reach their full potential
• Developing teachers' professional understanding of the health sector
• Supporting work-related and applied learning requirements in schools
How do we promote Health Ambassadors in my organisation?
By informing Health Ambassadors how they can become involved in a programme of working with local primary and secondary schools and colleges which may include:
• Giving presentations in a school setting to groups of students on health and social care courses
• Offering guidance and advice on the health sector and its many and varied job opportunities at a careers session
• Helping to facilitate workshops and work experience programmes and possibly becoming a mentor
A healthcare organisation may also offer the following:
• Open days
• Career events
• Taster sessions
• Work experience programmes and work shadowing
• Volunteer placements
If you want to sign up as an employer contact Oliver Hallam: email@example.com. He can provide you with a dedicated link that you can share with the employees you would like to sign up.
Once you have a link employees can sign up by clicking on that link and following the steps. If they do this they will be associated to your trust/ organisation.
They will then be taken to the Inspiring the Future portal, where they will be asked to provide a few basic details, an email address and password and a few more details about what they can offer as a volunteer. They then need to fill out specialisms and activities that they are happy to volunteer for, and finally the location of the local authority where the employee lives/ works.
Registered ambassadors will know if they have a request when they receive an email from Inspiring the Future to say they have a message in their inbox from a teacher in their area. As an employer you can ask the employer team at Inspiring the Future for reports on who has signed up and what activity has taken place.