You are here
International Experienced Paramedics Programme
Applications for our newly formed International Experienced Paramedics Programme (IEPP) are now open.
This programme offers qualified Paramedics who already hold or are eligible to apply for a UK Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration, the opportunity to live and work in England as a Paramedic at one of our NHS Ambulance Service Trusts.
Keep reading for further information, or apply now.
The NHS has always benefitted from an internationally recruited workforce, and this includes the increasing numbers of Paramedics from overseas who have chosen to join us in recent years. Working within the NHS provides a great opportunity to work in a world-renowned health care system, whilst developing your core Paramedic skills with Ambulance Trusts who have a proven experience of welcoming clinicians from across the globe.
You will be supported throughout this process from the initial application stage, during your relocation and transition to UK life, and throughout the time you are employed by the NHS. We have created a programme based on our comprehensive experience of recruiting thousands of health care professionals from overseas. This will ensure that your journey is as stress free as possible throughout your application process and, should you be successful, your relocation to England.
- have at least two years’ experience of working as a qualified Paramedic
- hold an English Language qualification (IELTS) with a minimum overall score of 7.0 with no individual section below 6.5 or a TOEFL score of at least 100/120, if English isn’t your first language
- have a willingness to relocate to England and join the NHS on an initial three- year contract
- have not been previously refused a UK Visa or told you are ineligible to receive one
- a three-year contract of employment, subject to securing a UK Visa, with an NHS Ambulance Service Trust as a Paramedic, including a competitive starting salary, 27 days per year paid leave and access to the NHS Pension scheme
- access to free universal healthcare provided by the NHS
- a free flight to the UK, your visa costs paid and the provision of accommodation at no cost to you, for the first three months of your time in the UK- a structured induction course that will cover your advanced driver training and a tailored training programme that will bring you up to speed you with the local clinical procedures and protocols of the respective NHS Trust
- a refund of the cost of your registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) - the governing body of UK Paramedics, once you arrive in the UK
- ongoing mentorship including continued development/training opportunities to ensure your HCPC registration will be maintained throughout your employment
- the opportunity to experience a new and exciting culture
- ongoing pastoral support for the duration of your time within the NHS
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) and South East Coast Ambulance Services (SECAMB) are the partner Ambulance Trusts for this programme.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS)
About the London Ambulance Service
Read about the Paramedic Pathway
Read about the NQP journey
Read about the different sectors covering London
The South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAMB)
About the South East Coast Ambulance Services
If you are interested in joining England’s paramedic workforce you can apply here.
Please contact the team on email@example.com if you have any queries.