It establishes a framework for the delivery of practice learning and teaching to support workforce development.
As an increasing number of practice placement opportunities are being sought outside of the NHS, work is underway to include these organisations in the same arrangements. Work to review the LDA to provide a national template has now been concluded.
The Agreement includes:
- practice placement training for medical and dental students
- practice placements for non-medical professional and vocational students
- post graduate training for doctors
- learning beyond registration
- learning before registration
- infrastructure related to education and training
- other support for training activities