Medical recruitment is a national application process managed via Oriel.
Academic recruitment takes place in the autumn of each year however opportunities arise at other times. Visit our Academic Recruitment page to find out details of our latest Academic Clinical Fellowship (ACF) opportunities and NIHR Clinical Lecturer (CL) vacancies.
In the north east...
- Our regional teaching programmes are highly rated in the GMC trainee survey.
- We achieve higher than average exam pass rates in many specialties.
- We are repeatedly rated top in several indicators in the GMC trainee survey.
- North Cumbria is part of the national Trainee Enhanced Recruitment Scheme.
- You can enjoy an excellent work/life balance in the region - with good commutes, low cost of living. Visit the dedicated Find Your Place website to find out more about our local trusts, GP practices and the area.
Primary care recruitment
We train GPs to work holistically, not as mini-specialists in everything.
Our training programmes offer high quality taught courses throughout the training period. We offer a complete range of experience in general practice from rural to inner city including a wide variety of selected and supervised hospital posts throughout the area as well as a large and growing number of integrated training posts.
Durham and Tees Valley GP Training Programme is an experienced and innovative training programme, offering a range of 3 year programmes with training opportunities from rural dales practices, to urban city centre opportunities.
Weekly education is delivered to each GP trainee within a purpose built facility. The building was built with GP Education in mind at Durham University, Stockton Campus.
The 3 year programme consists of a choice of geographically based rotations to suit individual requirements. Innovative Integrated Training Posts are available and include dermatology, academic, rheumatology and hospice placements. There is weekly half day teaching throughout the 3 year programme, based on the RCGP curriculum and delivered by experienced educationalists.
Why choose Durham and Tees Valley
• A close-knit group of experienced GP Educators, allowing an individual learner centred approach to GP Training.
• Bespoke training to assimilate non UK qualified doctors into UK society and the NHS.
• Excellent job prospects and affordable family housing, excellent schools and social activities.
• 2-day unique introductory course; excellent way to get to know your peers.
For more information contact Chris Alderson on 0191 334 0831 or email@example.com.
Northumbria GP Training Programme is the largest training programme in the region.
The region covers areas of outstanding natural beauty in Northumberland and County Durham together with the major cities of Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham.
The GP practices range from single handed rural to large urban practices on multiple sites with several trainees. The diversity available will develop your preferred style enabling you to become a GP of the future.
Why choose Northumbria
• Enthusiastic team of GP educators and support staff
• Programmes agreed in 2 stages of 18m to maximise opportunities and adapt to your needs
• Wide range of Integrated GP specialist posts
• Additional support package for International Medical graduates
• Support for self directed study group
For more information contact Michelle Tate on 0191 215 6708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.