NHS 70 and HEEThe NHS is turning 70 on 5 July 2018. It’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate the achievements of one of the nation’s most loved institutions, to appreciate the vital role the service plays in our lives, and to recognise and thank the extraordinary NHS staff – the everyday heroes – who are always there to greet, advise, and care for, us.
There is a wide range of activities being organised across the NHS to celebrate this landmark date and HEE is proud to be part of this.
Key activities HEE is organising
We are organising many events and initiatives to mark this event that will centre on a high-profile conference in London on 28 June where we will invite our stakeholders to celebrate with us the role of training and education in the NHS during the past 70 years and into the future.
We will be confirming more details about this major event and send out invitations shortly.
Together with Health Careers and NHS Leadership Academy we will be holding many other activities including:
- NHS leadership video and social media campaign showing how leadership has changed
- Hold internal Big 7Tea parties for staff within HEE
- Pilot of Step into the NHS for primary schools
- Step into the NHS secondary schools competition for years 8 and 9
- Working with NHS England to bring together all NHS and health and well-being education resources
- And there are many more activities that we will confirm shortly
All these initiatives will be overseen by a delivery group made up of our key stakeholders.
You can find out more about the wider NHS 70 programme on the NHS England website.