Research and innovation strategy
Our research and innovation strategy sets out a vision and framework for the delivery of our statutory responsibilities and mandate duties.
The strategy sets out how we will:
- Create an education and training system that is evidence based and underpinned by research and innovation
- Build the capacity and capability of our current and future workforce to embrace and actively engage with research and innovation.
To deliver our ambition and aims, we have developed four key objectives:
- Establish a system wide coherence to education and training which will facilitate and sustain the organisational and cultural changes required to embed research and innovation
- Ensure that the evidence on best practice for training in research and innovation informs and influences the delivery of effective education and training within the healthcare system
- Develop a multi-professional Clinical Academic Careers Framework for patient benefit
- Establish a HEE Research and Innovation Evidence Hub to ensure investment in future education and training is evidence informed.
HEE receives a steady stream of requests for access to students, trainees, staff or information for research purposes. On occasion, our local and national teams are invited to be partners in research bids or related activity. To establish some consistency in how we respond to such requests and to provide some coordination of research and evaluation across HEE, we have established a Research Governance Group to review and advise on applications.
The terms of reference of the group and a description of the associated processes can be downloaded from this page, along with an application form to be completed and returned to RI@hee.nhs.uk for consideration by the group.