Supporting Digital Social Care
Delivery in this area is linked to a number of other initiatives, drivers and programmes, such as the NHSX Joining Up Care Programme, and in the initial period will focus on digital skills development, digital network establishment, leadership development, future workforce needs, and alignment with the Digital Academy.
Initial work is likely to include:
- Formulation of a stakeholder group to engage with all parts of the sector.
- Discovery work on digital personas to understand more about the sorts of digital roles present in the sector.
- Establishing an online network/community of practice – initially for residential and domiciliary care elements of the workforce but extending out to local authority staff and social workers.
- Phase 2 of the successful Digital Capabilities for Social Work project, building on Phase 1 which finished in March 2020, and focusing on developing digital champions within the profession and helping them to undertake a system leadership role in their areas.
- Adapting Topol Fellowships for the social care workforce. Currently, applicants must be employed by the NHS, which excludes the majority of those working in social care.
- Creating Digital Academy-like content for social care.
- Scoping career pathways for social care clinical informaticians.
This page will be updated regularly as we make progress. If you have any questions or comments about this work please email the Digital Readiness Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the latest news from the HEE Digital Readiness Team on Twitter.