The eight networks are:
- Bath and North East Somerset (BEMS)
- Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG)
Specific progress is being made towards developing the infrastructure and delivery of project plans across all CEPNs although at different rates. Some examples include:
- The BNSSG CEPN has appointed a clinical lead and managerial lead, funded via the CEPN funding allocation.
- BEMS CEPN has appointed a respiratory pharmacist as a 6 month pilot to work across 4 practices. The CEPN has also developed a GPwSI dermatology service.
- Cornwall CEPN have PGP development programmes set up in 24 practices, Introduction to leadership and management course and retirement workshops delivered and are carrying out initial development work on National Framework Practice manager and receptionist education.
- Devon CEPN is at the scoping stage and specification for an educational portal and has completed a draft framework for the implementation of Health Navigation training.
- Gloucestershire CEPN has established clinical pharmacists in general practice.
- Somerset CEPN have delivered planned education activities in this period and established a year programme of network commissioned and organised education activities.
- Swindon CEPN and CCG: practice nurse database has been developed, ‘Swindon Area Primary Care Network’ electronic platform developed; CEPN and Swindon GP Education Trust initiative advertising jobs and also educational and support activities.
- Wiltshire CEPN and Swindon CEPN collaborated on a joint event with GP trainers/supervisors which explored opportunities of working on education/training across practices.