This exciting initiative is an opportunity for general practices and other primary care providers to get involved in delivering education and training as part of a supported network. We have four networks in Thames Valley:
- The Bucks Training Network
- Berkshire West CEPN
- East Berkshire Collaborative Training Network
- Oxford and Abingdon CEPN
Our four CEPNs have been busy establishing themselves as organisations and, as such, their first priorities have been to appoint Project Managers and develop their governance structures.
At the same time the work of four CEPNs includes:
- Commissioning education or training for General Practice Nurses that will release capacity in General Practice eg minor illness, non-medical prescribing, advanced assessment
- Establishing inter-professional networking to increase understanding and integration of new roles e.g forums
- Identifying and planning support for suitable participants in a clinical leadership programme with Thames Valley and Wessex Leadership Academy (TVWLA)
- Identifying practices with capacity and capability to provide placements for a range of students
- Developing a database of clinical educators in General Practice in the Communication Education Provider Networks
- Scoping appetite, capacity and capability to deliver Schwartz rounds
As part of our engagement with Community Education Provider Networks (CEPNs) we will hold quarterly developing days, inviting stakeholders from Higher Education Institutes alongside health and social care organisations and providers within primary healthcare. The development days will provide opportunities for our delegates to network and also share learning and best practice across the CEPNs.