Education and training required
Awaiting further guidance – this is currently being reviewed by the Direct Enhanced Service (DES) contracting team.
- HEE Primary care First Contact Practitioner (FCP) training must be completed as the minimum threshold for entry to primary care and be supported by appropriate governance and indemnity.
- HEE primary care FCP training can begin 3-5 years post registration.
Indictive salary AfC band 7.
NHSE/I have developed a job description and recruitment pack which is available on the Future NHS website. Access to the site requires user registration. Once registered, navigate to the role selection page to find a range of supporting resources.
For brief outline of responsibilities, please see below:
- To deliver a high standard of patient care within the practice, working at the top of their clinical scope of practice.
- As a member of a varied clinical team, manage a clinical caseload, dealing with presenting patients’ needs within a primary care setting, ensuring patient choice and ease of access to services.
- To support the same-day care team within the practice e.g. minor injury and illness, abdominal pains, chest pain, tiredness, and headache.
- Perform specialist health checks and reviews.
- To provide clinical leadership within the practice.
- To mentor and support staff in developing and maintaining clinical skills.
Support available for introducing the role
Reimbursement available from 2021/22. NHS England / improvement – Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in Primary Care Networks (PCNs)