Nursing student support guidance during COVID-19
Following a request from the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has introduced a set of emergency standards that enables final year nursing students (not including those in their final year of a two-year postgraduate diploma programme) to undertake up to 100 percent of their time in clinical practice while that standard remains in effect.
Student guidance has been produced with the aim to provide information to all nursing students in England as to what this means for them during this time. The guidance is focused on how students can support the health and care system during this time of emergency and how we will support their health and wellbeing and their education.
To support the development of your knowledge and skills, and enhance your practice, there are a host of online resources you can access. Here we highlight a few pertinent topics; do explore the platforms for other resources of interest.
- Webinars on safeguarding:
- Health Education England E-Learning for Healthcare platform has hundreds of learning resources. Some examples include:
- The Learning Hub is a platform enabling the health and care workforce to contribute and share a wide variety of learning resources for other learners to use. Some examples include:
+ Guidance concerning the impact of COVID-19 on the use of the Mental Health Act and supporting systems to safeguard the legal rights of people receiving mental health, learning disabilities and specialised commissioned mental health services
View forums and collaborate with others on the Future NHS Collaboration platform FutureNHS Collaboration Platform - FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
Peruse hundreds of online learning resources on e-LfH Hub (e-lfh.org.uk)
Access hundreds of resources which the health and care workforce have shared on the Learning Hub Learning Hub - Home
- Letter from Chief Nursing Officer for England and HEE Chief Nurse to Chief Nursing Officers and Directors of Nursing about NMC emergency standards - 19 January 2021
- Student letter FAQs - 11 December 2020
- Student Statement - 11 December 2020
- Letter for students - 13 November 2020