We have launched a campaign called #HiddenGems to raise awareness of the variety of apprenticeship programmes in the NHS in the north east and north Cumbria. This short video provides a snapshot into the lives of NHS apprentices working in the region.
An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme designed around the needs of employers, which leads to a national recognised qualification. Apprenticeships are used to train new and existing employees and provide them with new skills. Anyone over the age of 16, who is not in full time education, can apply to be an apprentice
There are ten NHS organisations offering apprenticeships in the north east and north Cumbria. Click the organisation name to learn more about the apprenticeships they offer.
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle Dental Hospital
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- North East Pharmacy Education and Training Office
- Northern and Yorkshire NHS Assessment Centre
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust