The Dementia Education and Learning Through Simulation 2 (DEALTS 2) resources provide a simulation-based training package for staff working regularly with people living with dementia.Read More
The Dementia Core Skills and Knowledge Framework was commissioned by the Department of Health. It was developed in collaboration by Health Education England and Skills for Health with the support of an expert group including a range of health and social care organisations, relevant royal colleges and education providers.
The Framework sets out the core skills and knowledge which would be transferable and applicable across different types of service provision. It includes expected learning outcomes for training delivery, key policy and legal references and is aligned to related national occupational standards. The aim is to help ensure the quality and consistency of dementia training, and to help prevent unnecessary duplication of training.
The Framework comprises the following subjects:
- Dementia awareness
- Dementia identification, assessment and diagnosis
- Dementia risk reduction and prevention
- Person-centred dementia care
- Communication, interaction and behaviour in dementia care
- Holistic health in dementia care
- Pharmacological interventions in dementia care
- Living well with dementia and promoting independence
- Families and carers as partners in dementia care
- Equality diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Law, ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research in dementia care
- Leadership in transforming dementia care
You can download the Dementia Core Skills Education and Training Framework which was launched on 29 October 2015.