A Future Nurse Oversight Board has been established with strong high level organisational representation and membership. The Board is well-placed to inform and influence the key decisions, policies and strategic direction which will drive future developments and changes within the profession, while addressing the challenges of securing a well-prepared and sustainable nursing workforce.
The overall aim of the Board is to provide strategic leadership and direction across the health and care system to assure system preparedness and responsiveness to the implementation and implications of the Future Nurse standards across England.
The board is chaired by Dame Jill Macleod Clark who is an independent Chair. Members of the group include colleagues from:
- NHS England
- Health Education England
- NHS Improvement
- Public Health England
- North Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Programme Board
- London Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Programme Board
- Midlands and East Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Programme Board
- South Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Programme Board
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Midwives
- Student Nurse representative
- Skills for Care
- Allied Health Professional representative
- Council of Deans for Health
- Service user representative
Visit Future Nurse Standards.
Jackie Brocklehurst, Programme Lead, can be contacted at email@example.com for further information.
HEE will shortly be delivering a number of awareness raising events in 2019 to ensure employers are prepared for the new standards within the placement settings.
If you are interested in a career in nursing please visit Health Careers for more information about the exciting opportunities and courses available.