An opportunity for Newly Qualified Paramedics from Australia and New Zealand to work, earn, learn and live in England as part of the National Health Service
NHS England is proud to be continuing its International Paramedics Programme. This programme offers Newly Qualified Paramedics (NQP’s), who have studied at a Paramedicine Board of Australia approved programme, the opportunity to live in England and work as a Paramedic at one of our NHS Ambulance Service Trusts.
The NHS has always benefitted from an internationally recruited workforce, and this includes the increasing numbers of Paramedics from Australasia who have chosen to join us in recent years. Working within the NHS provides a great opportunity to consolidate your undergraduate education, whilst developing your core Paramedic skills in a world-renowned health care system. We will support you throughout this process from the initial application stage, during your relocation and transition to UK life, and throughout the time you are employed by the NHS. We have created a programme based on our experience of recruiting thousands of health care professionals from overseas. This will ensure that your journey is as seamless and as stress free as possible throughout your application process and, should you be successful, your relocation to England.
To join the Programme you will need:
- to be in final year of a Paramedicine Board of Australia approved programme and be on target to complete your course before the end of 2023
- hold an English Language qualification (IELTS), if English is not your first language
- have a willingness to relocate to England and join the NHS on an initial three year contract from February 2024
- have not been previously refused a UK Visa or told you are ineligible to receive one
In return, we will offer you:
- a three -year contract of employment (subject to securing a UK Visa) with an NHS Ambulance Service Trust as a Paramedic, including a competitive starting salary, 27 days per year paid leave and access to the NHS Pension scheme
- access to free universal healthcare provided by the NHS
- a free flight to the UK, visa costs and the provision of accommodation at no cost to you, for the first three months of your time in the UK
- a structured induction course that will cover your C1 driving test, advanced driver training and a tailored training programme that will prepare for the local clinical procedures and protocols of the respective NHS Trust
- a refund of the cost of your registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) - the governing body of UK Paramedics, once you arrive in the UK
- enrolment onto a comprehensive two-year NQP programme which ensures a structured consolidation of your education, alongside continued development/training opportunities and ongoing support to ensure your HCPC registration will be maintained throughout your employment
- the opportunity to experience a new and exciting culture that offers the ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe
- ongoing pastoral support for the duration of your time within the NHS
What areas of England does the Programme cover?
We are recruiting for Paramedics to come and join the NHS working in the Yorkshire Ambulance Service:
Yorkshire Ambulance Service
Hello from all of us here at YAS, serving the wonderful region of Yorkshire and the Humber in the North of England. We’re delighted to be involved in this programme and excited about welcoming Australian Newly Qualified Paramedics into our team.
There is so much we’d like to tell you about YAS and the region we serve and as a start we’ve produced a booklet to give you a little more information. It tells you more about the areas you could soon be working in, the amazing opportunities we offer our Paramedics at YAS and our values as an organisation. We also asked some of our Paramedics to talk a little more about their roles and why they like working here.
For more information you can:
- read the Yorkshire Ambulance Service Promotional Brochure.
- visit our website
- take a quick look back at our year in this short film
If you’ve never heard of Yorkshire, you’re in for a surprise. It covers an area of around 12,000 square kilometres and is incredibly diverse - large modern and busy cities, beautiful national parks, isolated moorland and amazing coastlines. It’s simply a great place to live and work. The team at Welcome to Yorkshire have produced this short film – so why not start by taking a look at the region that could soon be your new home.
We intend to conduct interviews during November 2023 and successful candidates must be able to relocate to England from February 2024.
The application form can be found at this link. The closing date for applications is 10 November 2023.
If you have any queries please contact us email@example.com
FAQ for Parents, Guardians and Family Members
We appreciate that while this opportunity is an exciting prospect for your loved ones, naturally it will constitute a big change for the whole family unit. As such, we wish to assure you that the safety and welfare of your family member is at the forefront of our programme.
This programme has been designed with a supportive door-to-door approach in mind. We are offering a seamless transition to England and have ensured that appropriate pastoral care programmes are in place to provide ongoing help and support once the Paramedics are in post.
Please find our frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the National Health Service soon!