You are here
Funding Policy Guidance
Placement providers receive a contribution to the cost of knowledge and library services from HEE as part of the placement fee. The NHS Education Contract specifies that the Placement Provider will ensure that there is:
- a proactive, high-quality knowledge and library service that is available to all staff and learners. (14.2)
- an appropriate level of funding, both from education tariff and matched employer contributions, to support delivery of proactive, high-quality knowledge services. (14.8)
Agreed by HEE, these recommendations are offered as indicative guidance on minimum funding arrangements. It is recommended that placement providers in every setting:
- facilitate and promote the use in the health service of evidence obtained from research, encouraging staff and learners to maximise the value of using the knowledge and library service to support learning and decision making
- commit a minimum of 2.4% of the placement fee paid by HEE to the knowledge and library service
- ensure that, as a minimum, funding allocated to the knowledge and library service from the placement fee paid by HEE is matched by an employer contribution
- engage with the knowledge and library service manager to ensure that the service has the right resources to offer proactive, high-quality knowledge and library services to all learners and staff
- encourage the knowledge and library service to work with other services, and with the national NHS knowledge and library service team, to achieve better value through more collaborative procurement.
For more information please see the frequently asked questions page.