You are here
New NHS Education Contract
Health Education England has introducing a new NHS Education Contract to replace the varying contractual arrangements previously in place (including the Learning and Development Agreement with NHS service providers).
The current NHS Education Contract, approved by the Health Education England (HEE) board in April 2020 became the formal mechanism for the relationship between HEE and providers. This covers both education and placement providers from 1st April 2021 until 31st March 2024.
The Contract replaces varying contractual arrangements previously in place (including the Learning and Development Agreement with NHS Service Providers) before 31st March 2021.)
The Contract supports non-competitive, equitable activities listed in the Department of Health and Social Care Education and Training Tariff Guidance and NHS Education Funding Guidance published yearly regarding:
- Education and placements funding
- Salary Support funding (where not directly commissioned to a provider and where not under a host/lead contract) and
- Workforce Development funding payments (Equitable across targeted provider group (s) and not delivered through competitive process).
The Contract helps HEE to achieve a nationally consistent approach to contracting and funding for non-competitive education and training by making all parties understand how public funds are used. The contract supports:
- Multiple providers (HEI, Education Providers, NHS, independent, voluntary, private, and social care) and settings (e.g., secondary care, GP/Primary Care, Dentistry).
- HEE’s commissioning, procuring and workforce planning arrangements with its contractual and financing activities.
- The role and responsibilities of each party involved in delivering healthcare education and training.
- HEE’s expectations on the outputs (volume, value, impact, quality) for the public investment received.
A ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ document has been added to this page, to address the most common questions you may have. New questions will be added to the FAQs document when it is next revised.
If you have questions about the NHS Education Contract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To request an accessible version of any of the related documents please contact: email@example.com