2014/15 Pilot phase
Based on very positive feedback from the initial review, phase two of the programme has started and additional pilots have been created.
CEPN second phase pilot sites are currently located in Bromley, Bexley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Croydon, Richmond and Wandsworth and we are aiming to develop CEPNs in every south London borough.
Three of the Higher Education Institutions in south London have been brought into the programme to support CEPNs with their development including advising on educational provision, running action learning sets, working with CEPNs to evaluate their activities and promoting the concept of CEPNs locally. As well as developing themselves as entities, our CEPNs have been working on the functions mentioned above and some early achievements include:
- Development of multi-disciplinary training in community paediatrics
- Conducting a GP workforce survey to identify practice staffing shortages, training priorities and willingness to work jointly
- Identifying the local training stakeholders in primary care
- Developing relationships across the key providers in the geography covered by the CEPN
- Identifying core skills required for practice and community nurses and Healthcare assistants
- Developing a programme of local training for secondary care nurses transferring to Practice nurse roles