You are here
Student and Learner Studying and Placement top tips
Managing everyday life whilst studying:
- Plan Plan Plan! Plan out the year so you can see when you’re on holiday/theory/placements.
- Remember you can say no! People understand that a career in health is time consuming, and you need breaks.
- Set realistic expectations. You can’t do it all and at times, things may have to give.
- Access support, there is lots available, and make sure you talk to your friends and colleagues too.
- Be kind to yourself, prioritise you and your own well-being.
- Get involved – there are many councils, societies and activities to get involved in.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new!
Placement top tips:
- Placements allow you to spend time with service users, so make the most of this! You will learn the most from them.
- Never be afraid to ask questions! You’re there to learn, so help yourself in doing this. No question is a bad question.
- Be flexible and adaptable, go in with an open mind and you’ll have some great experiences!
These top tips have been created by current students.