This blended learning programme takes 30 weeks (7 months) - it combines clinical procedure development with simulation experiences for technical and non-technical skills, in addition to the completion of Joint Advisory Group (JAG) mandatory courses. Attendance at essential clinical contact is required for the Basic Skills Course and Simulation Days. All academic content is taught online and leads to academic accreditation at level 6 (minimum). For a more detailed overview of all the programme elements —please refer to the Clinical Endoscopy Training FAQs.
1. Submit an online Expression of Interest form for yourself or on behalf of an applicant as a manger.
2. The expression of interest will be reviewed by our team and shortlisting will commence.
3. You will be asked to complete an online application form if yourself or your applicant meets the initial entry criteria.
4. You will be invited to participate in a short online selection meeting prior to confirmation of your place.
Please note: This is an open application process and as such there is no closing date. Once we have received your application, we will inform you of the next steps.
This programme is open to:
1. Registered Healthcare Professionals (NMC Adult Nurses, Registered Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered)
2. Professionals from relevant clinical backgrounds including, but not limited to the following:
Nurses/clinical nurse specialists - Endoscopy, GI Radiology, GI Surgery Gastroenterology, Bowel Cancer Screening Programme Specialist, Specialist Screening Practitioners, Specialist Screening Endoscopists, Radiographers, Operating Department Practitioners, GI Physiologists
Please note: The programme is not open to medically-qualified applicants. If your role is not listed above, you may still be eligible to apply so please submit an expression of interest.
In 2020/21 HEE is providing a training grant of up to £15,000 per trainee. This support may be reduced for trainees who have already completed a significant number of procedures in the modality in which they wish to train. HEE pays for all programme fees. We provide a contribution to cover travel and subsistence expenses
Please note: Applicants will be assessed on a case-by-case basis during the selection process. This grant can be used to support trusts to create sufficient capacity for training and supervision for trainees when completing the required number of practical procedures within the trust.