The Dental Education Reform Programme (DERP) was established to implement the recommendations of the Advancing Dental Care review by 2025. Read these recommendations here.
The specific objectives of the Dental Education Reform Programme are as follows:
- Reform postgraduate dental training to give trainees a diverse experience of clinical placements and multi-disciplinary care
- Distribute dental training posts based on intelligence-led understanding of population needs
- Improve the delivery of postgraduate training to enhance the learning experience for trainees
- Strengthen the interface between pre-registration and postgraduate training to better prepare graduates for the next stage of their development
- Widen access and participation into dental education and training through apprenticeships
- Create post-skills development opportunities for the existing dental workforce to support career development and integrate oral health into primary care pathways.