Stonewall diversity champions programme
Health Education England is proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
As a Stonewall Diversity Champion, we are committed to taking steps to advance sexual orientation and gender identity equality in the workplace. This is being achieved through interventions including:
- Advertising our job opportunities in the Starting Out careers guide.
- Attending networking events and participating in Pride season.
- Supporting the HEE Rainbow Organisation (HEEROs) for HEE staff.
- Working to embed best practice into our policy and practice.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Sexual Orientation Monitoring Information Standard.
Health Education England also participates annually in Stonewall’s Workforce Equality Index. This external benchmarking exercise covers 10 business areas with three levels against each of them (foundations, next steps, best practice):
- Employee policies and benefits
- Employee lifecycle
- LGBT employee network
- Allies and role models
- Senior leadership
- Community engagement
- Clients, customers and service users
- Additional work
Whilst the Index has a focus on sexual orientation and gender identity, it does apply as a benchmark more broadly and the recommendations HEE receives will be used in developing a diversity and inclusion strategy.
For more information about Stonewall visit www.stonewall.org.uk