What can you expect if you are accepted onto the scheme?
- support from the scheme to compile your portfolio within 12-18 months
- access to the ePortfolio system
- access to our on-line platform with a host of resources; including presentations, templates, and guidance; and a discussion board to share information and/or ask questions.
- monthly practitioner network meetings offering peer support
- access to an assessor who will assess your portfolio
Once you have completed your portfolio we arrange verification panels to include a Moderator from UK Public Health Register. If your portfolio is accepted by the panel you can then be recommended for registration.
Dates for introductory webinars - 2020/2021
1 December 14:00 - 15::00
2 March 10:00 - 11:00
1 June 10:00 - 11:00
7 September 14:00 - 15:00
To join one of webinars email PublicHealth.SW@hee.nhs.uk
After the webinar we ask practitioners to complete and return an application form and a self-assessment form (see documents below). Deadlines for accepting these forms will be provided at each webinar.
We notify practitioners within seven to 10 days, whether their application has been successful. If a practitioner is unsuccessful, we will also provide some support and guidance as to what the next steps might be.
The South West Practitioner Scheme is very lucky to have a local team of dedicated assessors and verifiers, who have all been trained by the UK Public Health Register and give up their time to support our scheme. If you would like to become an assessor or verifier contact us via email PublicHealth.SW@hee.nhs.uk for more information.