What can you expect if you are accepted onto the scheme?
- support from the scheme to compile your portfolio within 12-18 months
- access to the ePortfolio system
- access to our on-line platform with a host of resources; including presentations, templates, and guidance; and a discussion board to share information and/or ask questions.
- monthly practitioner network meetings offering peer support
- access to an assessor who will assess your portfolio
Once you have completed your portfolio we arrange verification panels to include a Moderator from UK Public Health Register. If your portfolio is accepted by the panel you can then be recommended for registration.
The South West Practitioner Scheme is very lucky to have a local team of dedicated assessors and verifiers, who have all been trained by the UK Public Health Register and give up their time to support our scheme. If you would like to become an assessor or verifier contact us via email PublicHealth.SW@hee.nhs.uk for more information. See our events page for more information on our Practitioner Scheme introductory webinars and other CPD opportunities.
The Public Health Practitioner’s Education and Training Directory designed primarily to provide existing public health practitioners with information about training and educational opportunities has been published. Skills acquired through learning can then be used as evidence to support them in achieving registration as public health practitioners with the UK Public Health Register. The directory is also a useful Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tool for those working in or new to healthcare, from those taking apprenticeships to clinicians who want to learn more about public health/health promotion.