Training hubs will provide an opportunity to meet the educational needs of the multi-disciplinary primary care team, bringing together NHS organisations, community, local authorities and education establishments.
This will provide a much broader education than the traditional single professional approach and will also support workforce planning. Training hubs will be an essential vehicle of workforce transformation due to their ability to engage multiple general practice organisations and provide consistent education and workforce planning support.
These are networks of education and service providers (NHS and non-NHS) based in the community. They are tasked with increasing capacity for future workforce training in the community and the development of the current and future workforce around the needs of a regionally defined population.
Training hubs, Advanced Training Practices, Enhanced Training Practices and Community Education Provider Networks can be used interchangeably to refer to ‘Training hubs’ activity.
As we identify solutions to common barriers and build on an agreed funding framework, our local offices are best placed to implement training hub initiatives that allow some variation in approach through a common operating model across England.
Contact your local training hub
- East Midlands - Sarah Layzell, Associate Postgraduate Dean
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex - Nick Barry-Tait, Senior Programme Manager
- London, North, Central and East - Louise Saul, Workforce Transformation Lead
- London, North West - Kasia Zawadski, Senior Commissioning Manager
- London, South - Sian Kitchen
- North East - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North West - Christina Hawkins, Senior Programme Manager Workforce Transformation
- Peninsula - Paul Thomas, Head of School of Primary Care
- Severn - Dr Simon Newton, Head of School of Primary Care
- South West - Dr Andrew Eynon-Lewis, Head of Primary and Community Care Education
- Thames Valley - Rebecca Tyrrell, Workforce Transformation Lead
- Wessex - Sue Clarke, Head of Workforce and Education
- West Midlands - Bea Sanders, Project Manager
- Yorkshire and Humber - Dr Peter Lane, ATP Clinical Lead