Work experience opportunities are available within most of the NHS trusts in the north east and information on how to apply and who to contact is outlined for you below:
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust: Contact Linda Setterfield on 01642 451 609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work experience opportunities in primary care
As well as completing work experience in hospitals, there are hundreds of GP practices across the north east who offer work experience in a primary care setting. This will offer you the opportunity to gain an insight into the role of a GP as well as other staff in the clinic such as nurses or allied health professionals.
You will learn how each GP clinic is run to cater for a variety of patients and illnesses. We have produced some information on finding work experience opportunities in primary care and have also compiled a list of GP practices in the area who will consider taking students.