Work experience can help you to develop your skills, choose possible career pathways and also help you to gain an understanding of the vast opportunities within the NHS.
Work experience opportunities are available within most of the NHS trusts in the north east and information on how to apply and who to contact is outlined for you below:
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust: Contact Linda Setterfield on 01642 451 609 or email email@example.com
Work experience opportunities in primary care
As well as completing work experience in hospitals, there are hundreds of GP practices across the north east who offer work experience in a primary care setting. This will offer you the opportunity to gain an insight into the role of a GP as well as other staff in the clinic such as nurses or allied health professionals.
You will learn how each GP clinic is run to cater for a variety of patients and illnesses. We have produced some information on finding work experience opportunities in primary care and have also compiled a list of GP practices in the area who will consider taking students.